About Me

My photo
Trichur / Mumbai, Kerala / Maharashtra, India

Friday 1 April 2011

Papal TELEGRAM FOR THE DEATH OF CARDINAL VITHAYATHIL

VATICAN CITY, 1 APR 2011 (VIS) - The Holy Father has sent a telegram to
Bishop Bosco Puthur of the Major Archiepiscopal Curia of Ernakulam-Angamaly
of the Syro-Malabars, India, for the death at the age of 83 of Cardinal
Varkey Vithayathil C.SS.R., Major Archbishop of Ernakulam-Angamaly.

"I was deeply saddened to hear of the death of Cardinal Varkey
Vithayathil, Major Archbishop of Ernakulam-Angamaly. I offer you, the
clergy, religious and lay faithful of the entire Syro-Malabar Church my
deepest condolences and the assurance of my prayers. I recall with gratitude
the cardinal's dedication and service to the Syro-Malabars and to the
universal Church. I join you and all who mourn him, including the members of
the late cardinal's family, in commending his soul to the infinite mercy of
God our loving Father. To all assembled for the solemn funeral liturgy, I
cordially impart my apostolic blessing as a pledge of consolation and
strength in the Lord".

No comments: